FOR A HEALTHY, THRIVING MINNESOTA
Minnesotans are proud of our unique state. Minnesota is a leader in healthcare, education, and environmental concerns. We need to continue to lead so that Minnesota remains a great place to work and raise a family.
All Minnesotans deserve quality, affordable healthcare, and we should continue our state’s proud tradition of providing excellent care to its people
- Kelly favors a public MinnesotaCare buy-in option accessible to all individuals that will help us tackle the rising costs of healthcare and address the gaps in affordable coverage.
- Kelly supports working to reduce the cost of prescription medicines.
- As a physician, Kelly knows the importance of preserving the sanctity of the provider-patient relationship.
- Kelly believes in prioritizing a holistic approach to health and wellness care and not just sick care. Emphasizing both physical and mental healthcare is an essential element of that.
- There are currently no doctors in the Minnesota State House of Representatives. It is important to have someone who has actually practiced medicine at the decision making table.
We need a Cradle to Career approach for a quality education for every Minnesotan
- As a physician, Kelly understands that the majority of brain development occurs before age 3 and therefore how important it is for all of our kids get off to a strong, healthy start.
- Kelly believes that we need to prioritize education funding so that all students have equal access to a world-class education.
- Providing students with a variety of higher education options, and not just a one-size-fits-all four year college approach, will help ensure that students find their best fit. This approach will help us build a skilled and diverse workforce to fill quality jobs across the state.
We need to protect the precious and unique natural resources in our state
- As a 6th generation Minnesotan, Kelly is proud of our state’s history of protecting our lakes, rivers, and wetlands, and believes that we need to continue that legacy.
- As the state of 10,000+ lakes, Minnesota must preserve and protect them for the generations that follow.
- Minnesota is already on the cutting edge of renewable energy. Kelly believes that we should work to lead the nation toward a renewable energy standard, while creating thousands of quality 21st century jobs in wind and solar power right here in our state.
We must take common sense steps to protect our children and communities from gun violence
- As a doctor and a scientist, Kelly believes that it is imperative that we study gun violence so that we can make data driven decisions to make our communities safe.
- Kelly agrees with the 90% of Minnesotans who believe that we should have universal background checks for every gun sale in Minnesota, no exceptions.
- Kelly believes that Red Flag laws that keep guns away from domestic abusers, violent criminals, and suspected terrorists should be enacted.
- As a mom and the wife of a combat veteran, Kelly knows that we need to work together to make sure that weapons of war stay out of the wrong hands and off our streets. She favors reinstating the assault weapons ban.
Government Integrity and Campaign Finance Reform
It’s time to put the voters back at the center of the decision making
- Kelly is proud to be running a campaign funded solely by individual contributions, and she’s ready to take on the fight to ensure our democracy cannot be bought at the State Capitol.
- Kelly believes that we need an open and transparent government that works for all Minnesotans.
- Kelly believes that the community deserves a visible and accessible State Representative who listens to her constituents when making decisions that affect us all.
We need a robust economy to support a healthy, thriving Minnesota
- Kelly supports prioritizing a sustainable State Budget that provides the services that Minnesotans expect and deserve from their tax dollars. The long term health of our state depends on having a wisely invested, balanced and transparent budget process.
- Investing in and maintaining our infrastructure – including roads and bridges – must be a priority for Minnesota. We cannot continue to rely on costly temporary bandages to provide relief for our eroding infrastructure.
- Promoting, supporting, and encouraging small businesses and entrepreneurs in our district and our state is critical. Large and small companies benefit from a skilled and healthy workforce and provide the jobs that grow our economy. This positive economic and social environment is one of the reasons why Minnesota has the highest per capita number of Fortune 500 companies from a broad range of industries.